Vision Services at Shetland Library
The Library provides:
- Large print books
- Audio books on CD
- Downloadable ebooks, eAudio books and eMagazines
- Magnifiers: we have a table-top specialized magnifier and several hand-held magnifiers you can use in the Library.
- Talking newspapers on tape: the Shetland Times, Shetland Life and The New Shetlander are recorded by volunteers and posted to customers. Just ask if you want this service.
- RNIB: practical and emotional support for everyone affected by sight loss.
- RNIB Reading Choices: if you're struggling to read because of your sight this site offers solutions.
- Reading Sight: an information site created to support anyone interested in helping people with sight loss get access to reading and reading services.
- Your Reading Choices: an online questionnaire to help find books, newspapers and magazines in a suitable format for people with sight loss. Library staff will be pleased to help you.
Vision Shetland is a local charity that gives advice on print and ICT access for the visually impaired. They work closely with the Library.
Ask Library staff if you wish to contact Vision Shetland. The charity does not currently have a public e-mail or phone number, but the Library will pass on your contact details and they will get back to you.